Want to take the No Brainer Wardrobe Course?
This is my kind of wardrobe. I want simple, fuss-free, hard-working, well-made, classic pieces. When I sit down to make a list of every outfit you could create from this base, it seems unlimited! I’m sure there is some permutation junkie who could tell me exactly, but let’s just say when I sat down to list outfits I could pick out, it felt like I was playing Boggle! I kept finding outfits and every single time it felt like a tiny thrill of mining gold from seemingly few choices. Madewell makes it easy.
First, these are the pieces I chose.
12 super simple, easy fitting, easy wearing items.
- Flannel Boyshirt (so soft and so bright!)
- Everlane’s Cotton Drop Tee (perfect white, black, or grey tee!!)
- The Heavyweight Striped Tee (heavy like a sweater!!)
- Workshirt(longer in the back, so it’ll cover your booty even in leggings!)
- Coffeeshop Cardi (chunky, interesting buttons. perfect!)
- Twill Tape Slub Tee (a perfect layer)
- Silk Blouse (so lovely and drapey)
- Western Chambray (who doesn’t love chambray??)
- Ivy Embroidered Tee (perfect mix of structured and comfy)
- Ankle Zip Black Jeans (my favorite thing in my closet)
- Blue Denim (on my Christmas list)
- Outbound Jacket (belted, so it doesn’t overwhelm)
The great thing? Even though these are from Madewell, I’m fairly certain you already have at least a few similar items in your closet. And, you can fill in the holes with less expensive options from discount stores, if you’d like.
Here are just SOME of the outfits I jotted down to get your thoughts going:
- black skinnies + grey tee
- black skinnies + grey tee + outbound jacket
- black skinnies + chambray
- black skinnies + green knit tee + chambray (unbuttoned)
- black skinnies + flannel + grey cardi
- black skinnies + embroidered tee
- black skinnies + silk blouse
- black skinnies + silk blouse + embroidered tee (to add a bit of length and texture)
- blue skinnies + embroidered tee + grey cardi
- blue skinnies + chambray w/ sleeves rolled up + embroidered tee
- blue skinnies + flannel + striped sweater
- blue skinnies + workshirt + grey cardi
- blue skinnies + green knit tee + workshirt (unbuttoned) + grey cardi
- blue skinnies + workshirt + striped sweater + olive jacket
- blue skinnies + flannel + olive jacket ….. and TONS of other layering possibilities
I’ll head into Madewell and try some of these pieces on in the fitting room soon. I’ll tag it with #nobrainerwardrobe and throw it on Instagram. Do you see any other interesting combinations? The girls at Madewell helped me think of a whole bunch more than I even wrote down. The thing with layers is, take chances!!
Don’t forget to check out our post on staying organized this fall, too!