my life, Our Boys

to my boys, on the eve of a new baby

38 weeks.  photo by Noah, age 6

Noah, you sweet, sweet boy. You are the best person I could have picked to be the biggest brother to my brood of boys. You are mindful, intelligent, full of curiosity, and just the right amount of protective. I can tell you’ll be the voice of reason when you boys’ adventures turn a bit from good clean fun to full of mischief. You’re a brave leader with a tender heart. When you imagine things, you don’t imagine other worlds and characters–you imagine how things work and how they could work better. This is one of my favorite things about you, Noah. I am excited about all the dreams we’ll get to dream together as you get bigger.

And Cooper. Oh, Cooper. You’re the funniest, most charming boy I’ve ever laid eyes on. You’re the spitting image of your Daddy, and therefore, have my heart through and through. I’ll never get tired of your jokes, or your loooooong stories, or how you tell me how beautiful I look. You know how to make people feel loved, and I’m thankful for that. I was worried about having a middle child in a family of boys, wondering if he’d get lost in the crowd and noise. But, I shouldn’t have been worried…because Cooper, no one could lose track of you. You are the bright spot in my morning, and a sweet spot in my evening. So thankful for who God is shaping you to be, little man.

I cannot forget you, Mr. Asher. You, who gave us quite a scare about a year and a half ago. You arrived early and quickly and needing more help and attention and prayer than I knew possible. But, for every scare you put me through in those first 3 weeks–you’ve been an absolute ease and joy since. You have a quiet spirit, by far the most shy of our boys so far. But, with your brothers you play like a big boy and don’t know you’re the littlest. I am so thankful that you’re willing to get into the chaos that is the Morgan boys’–it’s really precious to witness. Asher, I can’t wait to see how you and our sweet last little boy bond. I’m praying you’ll be the very best of friends.

Tomorrow morning (today when you read this), I’ll be checking into the hospital to be induced with baby boy #4. If you’ve been following along with our story, you know that I went into preterm labor at 33 weeks and was on bedrest until 36 weeks. Well, sweet boy has held on for far longer than we anticipated–and I’m now more pregnant than I’ve ever been. :) After 6 weeks of at least twice weekly (sometimes 4x weekly) doctors appointments, we’re thankful to start growing into a new and more settled home routine again.

You’ll hear it here first when sweet baby makes his appearance. We absolutely cannot wait. So thankful.

• Reply Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy January 14, 2013 at 7:13 am

You look amazing, these letters are precious, and I can’t wait to hear the news! Congrats Hayley & Mike!

• Reply Jill January 14, 2013 at 7:13 am

Oh goodness. I started to get emotional when I saw that beautiful picture of you. Then….I read on. Sheesh. Such beautiful words for your sweet boys. Love you dearly. Cannot wait to celebrate you and baby Eli.

• Reply Courtney January 14, 2013 at 7:55 am

What wonderful notes to your babies! Congratulations on sweet bundle number 4! Praying that all goes smoothly :)

• Reply lindsey kubly January 14, 2013 at 7:56 am

such a BIG day! I’m so thrilled for your family and can’t wait to see your new little guy. Love to you all!!

• Reply kjtanner January 14, 2013 at 7:57 am

So very excited for you!!!! Praying all goes well!

• Reply julie hammes January 14, 2013 at 8:24 am

SOOOOOO excited!! :) praying for you today, girl! you, and all of those boys around you! what a good, good day :) xo!

• Reply Ashley January 14, 2013 at 8:45 am

What a sweet post! Your boys are truly blessed to have you as their mom, and prayers go out to you as baby #4 arrives.

• Reply Natalie @ NS Pottery January 14, 2013 at 10:00 am

So incredibly sweet. Praying for you today, Hayley! Can’t wait to see pictures :)

• Reply Allison H. January 14, 2013 at 10:18 am

YAY, good luck today and we all cannot wait to hear that he is here safe and sound, I’m sure your boys are happy to add another to their crew. Prayers!

• Reply Jennifer Campbell January 14, 2013 at 11:41 am

So, so, SO excited for you Hayley. Yeah, yeah, jealous too. But I can’t wait to see pictures of the little guy! You are an amazing mom, and such an inspiration to me.

• Reply erin January 14, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Praying for you!! This is such a sweet post. Your boys are lucky to have you as a mom!

• Reply emily January 14, 2013 at 1:26 pm

So exciting Hayley! Can’t wait to see that precious little babe.

• Reply Heather January 14, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Love to read about your boys. Praying for your day as I can picture it well (still fresh memories). Soak up lots of new baby cuddles. Look long in each others’ eyes. Enjoy the “vacation” of the post-partum room. The moment #3 holds #4 watch your heart grow when you thought it couldn’t grow any bigger. Love.

• Reply Jacquelynn January 14, 2013 at 8:40 pm

So exciting! I am saying a prayer for you and your family, and cannot wait to see pics of your new addition!

• Reply Laura January 15, 2013 at 6:49 am

What sweet words for your boys! Praying for a smooth uneventful delivery! Can’t wait to hear (and see) that he’s here!

• Reply Keely January 15, 2013 at 7:47 am

Praying, praying, praying, Hayley!

• Reply Corrie Anne January 15, 2013 at 9:30 am

Praying for your family!! Can’t wait to see the new baby!!

• Reply Julie Marie @ From Awkward To Art January 15, 2013 at 10:56 am

you look so adorable! and this letter was so sweet. what an exciting time introducing #4 into your family. praying Gods peace be with everyone as you adjust to this sweet new blessing =) xo Julie

• Reply mandie January 15, 2013 at 11:12 am

So excited for you guys!! Thinking of you Hayley!