Conferences can be crazy to attend if you don’t know anyone! So, we wanted to eliminate that fear and start getting to know each other early. Today, we’re creating a lovely linkup for women who are attending Influence. I hope through this linkup, you’ll feel connected if you are already coming, you’ll feel reassured if you are on the fence (so buy that ticket already!), and that you’ll find some new blogs if you’re completely unable to attend.
To participate you must do 2 things:
1. Have (or purchase!) a ticket to Influence.
2. Visit the blog of the person linked before you (and maybe even more) and leave them something nice. Welcome them to the community. Give them a big smile and a firm handshake. Oh, it’s not October yet? Okay, wait on the handshake. :)
In your post, let us know these things:
1. 3 get-to-know-me items. These can be fun facts, quirky things, or heartfelt sentiments. Whatever–your voice, you choose.
2. 2 things you’re looking forward to about the conference. This should speak for itself. :)
3. 1 thing you can’t leave home without. Maybe you still sleep with your blankie? Maybe you never leave home without your hair dryer.
Things you should know about me:
1. I wanted to be an astronaut until I was 14. I loved learning about the history of the space program, was enamored by the hey-day of the astronaut glory (the style, the celebrity, the courage!). I have been to Cape Canaveral many times and have seen the Space Shuttle launch. Space travel is still magical to me.
2. I can wiggle my ears and I cross my toes (like other people cross their fingers) absent-mindedly. This drives my husband nuts.
3. I love football. Like REALLY love football. I don’t even just love the Colts (my hometown team). I love the whole sport and game of football. Love.
Two things I’m looking forward to about Influence:
1. To be honest, I’m looking forward to seeing the fruit of my labor. Planning this conference has been a labor of love, an adventure with Jessi, and truthfully has caused quite a few restless nights thinking/dreaming of details and to-dos. We want it to be so lovely for you. So full of joy.
One thing I can’t leave home without:
1. Sheepishly? Diet Mountain Dew. You’ll see me drinking this during the weekend. I’m pregnant, I know. My OB has approved a certain amount of caffeine and I walk freely in that. :) It’s a bad habit, though, really.