Gift Giving, less fuss

gifts for little boys

These awesome gifts from the top right: adidas sneakers, lego helicopter, levi’s jeans, nalgene grip and gulp, go, dog. go!, power ranger action figure

I consider myself to be quite a master when it comes to shopping for little boys.  I do have 3, did you know that?  :)  Each year, we try to sprinkle in some of the “cooler” things they need (like the Nalgene, jeans, or shoes) in with a couple things they want like a book or toy or two.  Because we have young boys that are close in age, they share every toy, book, and even clothes anyway–so when we buy something for one, it’s really a present for both!  :)

Do you have favorite little boy gifts?  Leave your thoughts in the comment section–you may make someone else’s shopping a snap!

• Reply Beth M December 12, 2011 at 3:37 pm

These are great suggestions! I have a 9 month old boy & since you are a mom of 3 boys I thot i’d ask you my question. What kind of socks do you buy for your baby boys? Most just get pulled off or fall off. I need a good brand that stays on, please!!?

• Reply Tiny Twig December 13, 2011 at 8:28 am

you know what?? the ONLY brand i’ve ever found that stays on was cheapies from Walmart that they no longer make. i loved them so much i bought like 20 pairs–and thankfully they’ve lasted us through 3 babies. i only have like 3 pairs left, but they are on constant rotation. :)

but, now–my little guy mostly just wear footie sleepers around the house–so, the bonus is, covered feet!

• Reply Kristin December 12, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I have 3 boys, too (and 2 girls)! It’s all about Legos here. Oh my goodness. I think my oldest son eats and breathes Legos. His latest fascination is the Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary and the Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia (both available on Amazon). He even sits at the table eating breakfast while he thumbs through them!

• Reply Tiny Twig December 13, 2011 at 8:27 am

ohhhh, so good to know! i wonder if there is a book or something out there that has instructions on how to build different thing with just the blocks they have. i’m going on a search. :)

• Reply sandi December 13, 2011 at 8:12 pm

it used to frustrate me to buy lego sets (fire station, numerous vehicles, boats etc) and after making the set using the instructions all the pieces get tossed in a long under-the-bed bin. but it amazes me when he can find the exact piece that he needs ~~~ and how creative he can be without any instructions. you can find creative ideas on the lego website that other children have submitted. we have a seven year collection that grows with each birthday and christmas. he even did chores over the summer to buy a set on his own. a great timeless gift… so much better than any electronic game out there!

• Reply QuatroMama December 14, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Loving these! Spoken well by a Mama of Boys! <3

• Reply Anna December 15, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Do you have any cute or fun suggestions for a boy that just turned 5 months old?

• Reply pregnant woman October 20, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Howdy, I think your blog could be having internet browser compatibility issues.

Whenever I take a look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however,
    if opening in Internet Explorer, it’s got some overlapping issues.
    I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other than that, excellent website!